Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
By: Stay Fit Stevi
You know before a workout, when you can’t eat a full meal but need a little something to hold you over? We’ve got just the thing! While many protein bars or snacks have added sugars or unknown ingredients, homemade energy bites are a great way to know what you’re putting into your body.
These pumpkin pie energy bites are the perfect fall pre-workout treat, afternoon snack or cure for a sweet tooth! Be sure to refuel with a healthy meal and lots of water after your class.
Makes: 10 Balls
Nutrition (Serving Size: 1 Ball)
- 70 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 10g Carbs
- 4g Fat
- 3g Fiber
Organic is always best, when possible!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs flax meal
- 3 scoops collagen peptides (I love Vital Proteins)
- Optional toppings: dark chocolate chips, sea salt
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly into dough.
- Using ice cream scooper, scoop balls out and roll between hands to smoothen out.
- If using toppings, add them to the top of the ball now.
- Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to solidify.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days and enjoy before your next TruFusion class!
For more healthy recipes and day-to-day nutrition tips, follow @StayFitStevi on Instagram.